The basis of the Alumni Association is to create an extensive co-operation network between the alumni, students and bodies involved in developing education.
Alumni activities provide the Oulu University of Applied Sciences with a new and active channel for cooperation with working life. The development of alumni activities promotes the recognition of the Oulu UAS educational system and other services in working life.
Alumni activities provide students with
- career counselling
- working life contacts
- help in finding internship places and
- thesis work places
Alumni activities provide Oulu UAS with:
- information needed to develop and steer education
- working life feedback that promotes the relevance of degree programmes, improves new students' chances of finding an internship, thesis work placements as well as work and presents new opportunities to Oulu UAS's project activities
- information on employment, career development and actual quality of education at Oulu UAS
- visibility as a good education provider
- visitors for courses
- channel for reaching the alumni of the Oulu UAS
- a recruitment channel for Master's degree education
Alumni activities provide working life members with:
- an opportunity to influence matters
- an opportunity to forge a link between working life, Oulu UAS and other alumni
The long-term goals are that:
- the Alumni Association will be a recognised cooperation partner of Oulu UAS in matters related to education and working life.
- the Alumni Association will represent working life contacts in school management groups, degree programme teams and Oulu UAS administration.
- Alumni are a natural cooperation partner for working life when cooperating and launching cooperation with Oulu UAS.