Four good reasons to be a member of the Alumni Association of Oulu UAS:
- Keeping in contact with Oulu UAS. The Alumni Association relays information between working life and Oulu UAS. Association members will receive a monthly association newsletter. We organise events where Oulu UAS students and teachers can receive up-to-date information from representatives of working life organisations. The aim is to eventually get the alumni to participate in the development of education.
- The opportunity to help students in their career-planning. We organise events for students, where members of the Alumni Association talk to the students about their work, employment history as well as skills and the characteristics required.
- You’ll get information about extension and further education opportunities via email.
- You get to keep in touch with your old student friends and meet new ones. We organise events where you can meet the graduates of the Oulu UAS.
Forms of activities
The Alumni Association organises an annual party open to all alumni. In addition, we organise various field-specific alumni events, which are open to alumni, Oulu UAS students and staff.
We collect stories from graduates in order to provide current students with information about what kinds of roles and workplaces they may end up in from the various degree programmes. Please tell us your story about your studies and how you found work. Stories will be used anonymously in teaching, at various events and on our Web pages.
Developing Oulu UAS' education
The alumni participate in working groups that develop education at the Oulu University of Applied Sciences. Alumni contact persons:
- Natural Resources: Lecturer Kaija Karhunen and alumnus Jenni Holländer
- Business: Lecturer Erja Korhonen, alumni Toni Mustonen, Timo Härö, Suvi Holopainen and Marisa Ylisuutari
- Media and Performing Arts: event producer Mira Kolanen, alumnus Daniel Wallenius
- Health and Social Care: Study Counsellor Susanna Saarinen, alumni Essi Lassila, Kirsi Kärkkäinen and Henna Ojalehto
- Technology: Laboratory Engineer Kaisa Orajärvi, alumni Timo Pieti, Matti Haarala, Toni Mustonen and Niina Lundbom
Working life projects
When possible, the alumni provide thesis and internship placements for students. Alumni activities are also a channel for starting other working life projects between students and companies.
Lectures and business visits
When needed, the alumni can give expert lectures on working life issues and talk to students about their experiences concerning studying and working. They may also arrange visits to their places of work.