In love with Finnish culture and nature8.10.2017 :: Author: Marjo Sormunen
Russian Liubov Dosovitckaia, 18, has fallen in love with Finnish culture and nature. She has travelled a lot in Finland during her school years and Finnish culture has always interested her. Now Liubov studies International Business at Oulu UAS and dreams of working in Finland after she graduates.
Liubov chose to study International Business because business is everything that surrounds us.
– It touches us on nearly every aspect of modern society. The business degree is useful for both professional and personal life.
She enjoys studying at Oulu UAS - the classes are not boring lectures where you are just sitting and writing down terminology. Instead, the classes are about how you can use your knowledge in the real life, for instance, in solving real business cases, or holding your position in debates.
– The most amazing in Finnish education is that teachers like to see their students innovative. Each lesson you are developing yourself trying to make something interesting. And teachers are always ready to help students any moment.
A lot of international students
Oulu UAS offers plenty of opportunities for its students. One of them are LABs. Liubov is mostly interested in EduLAB. This is a program where students in groups can develop start-up prototypes in the field of education.
– To my opinion, this is amazing. It can give you invaluable experience in your study field. EduLAB assignments is a group task. It consists of the students from different professional fields. So, it allows the group to have a full overview on the potential of the product.
Liubov is a second year student and now she is thinking about applying to EduLAB - at least she tries to find time to participate in it. She feels that, unfortunately, it is too difficult to use all the university opportunities during the small period of time. Her study program lasts 3,5 years.
In the future Liubov would like to stay and work In Finland.
– I fall in love with Finnish culture and nature. And now I don’t want to part with it!
In Oulu she finds always something to and she has gained new friends.
– There are two big universities in Oulu. So, there are a lot of international students. You don’t feel here alone and it is very easy to find friends here.
Liubov encourages other young people to come and study in Oulu too.
– Do it! Follow your dream! It is a great experience to study abroad. In Oulu, I found many international friends and got invaluable experience.