The academic year of Oulu University of Applied Sciences is divided into two terms:
- Autumn term from the end of August and beginning of September to Christmas holiday
- Spring term from January to the end of May
NOTICE! The registration procedures of exchange students need to be accomplished before September 10th for the autumn term and January 15th for the spring term. Students are recommended to arrive in Finland in good time before their studies begin.
The registration of degree students differs from that of the exchange students. Degree students should read the enrolment instructions carefully. New degree students receive detailed instructions for enrolment in the notification of admission.
The academic year of Oulu University of Applied Sciences has 40 weeks. The academic year 2014–2015 is divided into periods. The individual Schools of Oulu University of Applied Sciences follow different period schedules:
School of Media and Performing Arts
School of Business and Information Management
- 1st period 25.8.–26.10.2014, teaching schedule 25.8.–17.10.2014
- 2nd period 27.10.–31.12.2014, teaching schedule 27.10.–19.12.2014
- 3rd period 1.1.–8.3.2015, teaching schedule 5.1.–27.2.2015
- 4th period 9.3.–31.5.2015, teaching schedule 11.3.–13.5.2015
School of Health and Social Care
- 25.8.–31.12.2014 (new students starting 20.8.2014)
School of Renewable Natural Resources and School of Health and Social Care
There are no set examination periods. Each school of Oulu University of Applied Sciences gives details regarding their respective examination period and assessment system later on in the academic year.