The academic year of Oulu University of Applied Sciences is divided into two terms:
- Autumn term from the end of August and beginning of September to Christmas holiday
- Spring term from January to the end of May
NOTICE! The registration procedures of exchange students need to be accomplished before September 10th for the autumn term and January 15th for the spring term. Students are recommended to arrive in Finland in good time before their studies begin.
The registration of degree students differs from that of the exchange students. Degree students should read the enrolment instructions carefully. New degree students receive detailed instructions for enrolment in the notification of admission.
The academic year of Oulu University of Applied Sciences has an autumn term from 24.8.2015 to 31.12.2015 and a spring term from 4.1.2015 to 3.6.2016. The academic year 2015–2016 is divided into periods. The individual Campusses of Oulu University of Applied Sciences follow different period schedules:
Kotkantie Campus, Media and Performing Arts
- 1st period: 24.8.–31.12.2015
- 2nd period: 4.1.–3.6.2016
Teuvo Pakkalan katu Campus, Business and Information Management
- 1st period: 24.8.–25.10.2015, teaching schedule 24.8. – 16.10.2015
- 2nd period: 26.10.–31.12.2015, teaching schedule 26.10. – 18.12.2015
- 3rd period: 1.1.–13.3.2016, teaching schedule 7.1. – 2.3.2016
- 4th period: 14.3.–3.6.2016, teaching schedule 14.3. – 11.5.2016
School of Health and Social Care
- 1st period: 24.8.–31.12.2015 (new students starting their studies on 24.8.2015)
- 2nd period: 1.1.–31.5.2016
Kotkantie Campus, Engineering and Natural Resources
- 1st period: 24.8.–16.10.2015 (new students starting their studies on 24.8. and students continuing their studies on 31.8.)
- 2nd period: 26.10.–18.12.2015
- 3rd period: 11.1.–4.3.2016
- 4th period: 14.3.–13.5.2016
There are no set examination periods. Each campus of Oulu University of Applied Sciences gives details regarding their respective examination period and assessment system later on in the academic year.