With close to 2,800 engineering students, the School of Engineering ranks among the largest schools for engineering in Finland. We operate in one of the fastest growing areas of the north and educate professionals not only for the Oulu region, but also for wider national and international needs offering expertise in the following areas:
- Energy and environment
- Mechanical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Electrical and automation engineering
The School of Engineering in actively involved in international co-operation including student and staff mobility, development of curriculum and teaching as well as carrying out education and research and development activities in co-operation with international partners.
The students are provided with good opportunities for completing their studies in exchange programmes abroad. We are happy to co-operate with more than 50 higher partner institutions all over the world.
We teach mainly in Finnish, but the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Information Technology is taught entirely in English. There is also a variety of courses offered for incoming exchange students in English.
We also welcome visiting international teachers and experts. Annually, we receive close to one hundred teachers and experts for work periods of varying length. Our international teacher exchange week in the spring has already become a tradition and an event to which we all look forward to.
We welcome you for co-operation or for a visit. The following links will guide you for further useful information:
- Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Information Technology
- Studies in English for incoming exchange students
- Application & practical information for incoming exchange students
- International teacher exchange week in the School of Engineering
- Information for visiting teachers/experts
- Internationalisation in the Oulu University of Applied Sciences