Compass Group: Updated guidelines for our restaurants
Published: 23 March 2020 at 10:13 :: News from Oamk
The situation in Finland has progressed to an exceptional phase. With this letter, we want to give you an idea of how we are adapting our own operations to the situation proactively each day, to ensure the safety of our customers and personnel. The health and safety of our employees, customers and consumers is our highest priority. We consider guidelines issued by authorities a minimum requirement.
Updated guidelines for our restaurants
- Our hygiene and disinfection guidelines are continuously at the highest possible level.
- If we suspect that a member of our personnel has been infected by the coronavirus, we will take immediate action according to pre-agreed instructions:
a) the restaurant will be closed
b) the restaurant will be disinfected in accordance with special instructions
c) the restaurant is re-opened with a new staff if the suspicion is confirmed.
- We are paying special attention to operations with high-risk groups.
Our services for, e.g. selling food to homes during the exceptional situation
- The guidelines given by the authorities for avoiding gatherings of more than 10 people still allows restaurants to be open for business.
- We are trying to find alternative means to ensure the availability of food and service. Examples of this include the portioning of food, single-serve packaging and distribution of food from our production kitchens.
- In addition, we are, at a number of locations, providing customers the chance to buy food for take away purposes, even for their whole family. By doing so, we can support those working from home and ease up families’ lives during this exceptional situation.
- Our account managers or restaurant managers will be in direct contact to discuss best possible practices.
- Our internal Covid team is monitoring the situation in Finland and around the world every day, and we are sharing best practices among countries.
- If you or your company have any questions, please contact your account manager.
Due to the reduced number of customer, we have initiated collaboration negotiations concerning possible layoffs in our entire company.