To reach the targets set in the strategy, Oamk must succeed in the named key areas. The cornerstones of the strategic operations of Oamk are its competent personnel, talented students, the innovation cluster in Oulu, and the network of higher education institutions and research institutes in Northern Finland.
Vitality and well-being to the North
Strategy of Oulu University of Applied Sciences 2017–2020
The operations of Oamk are guided by
- Customer orientation means that the needs of economic and professional life, key stakeholders and students are taken into consideration in an interactive way.
- Expertise calls for skills that address the changing needs of professional life and stem from the combination of theory and practice.
- Productivity calls for quality, efficiency and prioritising of operations in order to achieve jointly agreed targets.
- A sense of community means bold, genuine, multi-professional co-operation between all parties in the higher education community.
- Future health and well-being
New services are applied and created with the help of skills related to well-being, information and communications technology, and the culture sector
- Energy, natural resources and the environment
We focus on construction and living in the north, intelligent energy solutions and a sustainable, low-carbon natural resource economy
- Intelligent learning develops new pedagogical and didactical solutions and learning environments with the help of information and communications technology.
- The innovative products and services theme develops competitive products and services in collaboration with companies, based on high-quality development environments, innovation services and the diverse competence of Oamk.
- Entrepreneurship and new business operations theme develops new business operations and supports their reform.