Welcome to do business with us!
The exchange study programme in Business focuses on developing various skills required in the field of innovative international business providing students the ability to work in international environment. In addition to numerous exchange students from our partner universities, you will be working with our Degree Students of both Finnish and international origins.
During your studies in the Autumn, you will be able to develop your creative competencies and apply them in business - be it developing current practices or innovating new solutions. Moreover, you will learn about professional selling skills and service marketing. The knowledge of how to create, develop and maintain profitable customer relationships, as well as the ability to understand financial statements, budgeting and the principles of profitability accounting will enhance your value in the labour market. As a special skill, you will be able to learn the basics of the local language.
During your studies in the Spring, you will be able to develop your international marketing competences with the second or third year degree students. You will be able to increase your competences in job search, career planning and learn to market those recognized competences accordingly. Additionally, you will learn to manage in various situations requiring negotiation skills and be able to design visual communication to support your interaction with another party. Finally, you will understand the phenomena related to e-business, digital marketing and the principles of related legal issues in the digital era.
The studies will be located in Teuvo Pakkalan Katu Campus. All Modules (subject to changes) listed below are instructed in English.
Our 2nd-year courses for the Spring 2019 are:
- KB00BP34-3001 International Marketing Competences, 10 ECTS
- KB00BP35-3001 Business Interaction and Design Competences, 10 ECTS
- KB00BP36-3001 eBusiness and Digital Marketing Competences, 10 ECTS
- 3B00BC47-3004 Basic German Language I, 4 ECTS
- 3B00BC48-3005 Basic German Language II, 4 ECTS
- K1035IB-3004 Doing Business in Russia, 3 ECTS
- K1038IB-3003 Business Etiquette, 3 ECTS
- KB00BR05-3003 Luxury Marketing, 3 ECTS
Our 3rd-year courses for the Spring 2019 are:
- 4T00BI02-3009 Basics of Digital Marketing, 3 ECTS
- K1017IB-3003 Professional Selling and Customer Relationships, 3 ECTS
- K1043IB-3002 International Marketing Management, 3 ECTS
- K1047IB-3003 Human Resource Management, 4 ECTS
- KL00BT65-3004 International Business Corridor, 5 ECTS
- YY00BH24-3010 Description and Evaluation of a Business Idea, 3 ECTS
- YY00BH25-3007 Incubation of Business Ideas, 7 ECTS
- YY00BH26-3008 Developing Own Business, 5 ECTS
- 4B00BG82-3004 Introduction to Knowledge Management 3 ECTS
- K1034BI-3005 Image Editing 3 ECTS
- 3L00BI74-3004 English for Team Leaders 3 ECTS
- K1115YY-3007 InnoWeek Innovation Project 3 ECTS
- K1124LI-3010 English Business Communication 3 ECTS
- K1129LI-3006 Professional Writing Skills 3 ECTS
- KL00BR68-3003 Project Studies of Terwa-academy 15 ECTS
You may obtain detailed course descriptions from the search tool. Change language to English, and enter the search query (code or name of the course).
Specific information for 2018-2019 has been updated here in September 2018, but some changes may still occur. In case of questions, feel free to contact the International Coordinator Marianne Isola.