Expertise and effectiveness
The strengths of Oulu UAS's project work include a multidisciplinary approach, high-level expertise in various fields, innovativeness and diverse cooperation networks. Annually, project work is implemented at Oulu UAS in approximately 100 projects and with the help of 200 experts.
- increases well-being and competitiveness in the region
- promotes business activities
- develop new products, services and operational models.
Projects are implemented in cooperation with the working and business community in the region, Finnish and international higher education institutions and other cooperation partners. Projects give the actors an opportunity to utilise the competence of the university of applied science's staff and students. Participation in the projects enables the strengthening of the teachers' professional skills and working life connections as well as the development of students' competence with regard to future expert duties in the working life.
Among other things, Oulu UAS's projects develop
- the production of renewable energy
- structural solutions for the single family-house industry and the energy efficiency of buildings
- applications of mixed reality
- simulated and virtual environments for practicing demanding clinical treatment situations.
Get to know our projects!