Applicants with non-Finnish Qualification

1. Applicable foreign degrees or qualifications which provide eligibility to apply for equivalent higher education in the awarding country, International Baccalaureate of IB Schools, European Baccalaureate of European Schools and Reifeprüfung examinations.

In order to prove their eligibility to apply, those applying with a non-Finnish qualification certificate must submit photocopies of the original certificates to the Admission Services of their first choice university of applied sciences by 7 February 2018 at 3.00 p.m. Finnish time.

In addition to copies of certificates, each applicant must submit a photocopy of his or her qualification certificate translated into Finnish, Swedish or English by an official (authorised) translator, if the original document is in none of these languages. Such translations must be signed and stamped by the translator. The translation must be submitted according to the deadlines for submitting appendices to the Admission Services of the first-choice university of applied sciences.

A provisional certificate issued by the educational institution on the graduation of the applicant will be accepted as a certificate that demonstrates the applicant's eligibility to apply if the applicant's official diploma cannot be delivered in advance within the stated deadline due to an action taken by the authorities or any equivalent reason.

Universities of applied sciences only accept final certificates awarded by a national or regional body granting educational certificates. Therefore, various other documents such as testimonials, statements of results, examination results, provisional certificates, mark sheets or result slips are not considered official certificates. Emailed or faxed copies will not be accepted.

All upper secondary school diplomas used in the spring 2018 admission must be completed and copy with the translation of it delivered to the Admission Services by 10 July 2018 at 3.00 p.m. Finnish time. The student selection is unconditional until the original documents are checked and verified.

2. University of applied sciences and/or university degree

Applicants cannot apply for Bachelor's degree programmes at universities of applied sciences with a university of applied sciences or university degree. Applicants must use their upper secondary school leaving certificate to apply to higher education institutions. This applies to all applicants applying to Bachelor’s Degree.