The first joint application period 2023 has ended
Study abroad in Finland – at Oamk we build international professionals.
Oulu University of Applied Sciences (Oamk) educates internationally highly valued professionals. Study in one of the world’s best education systems! Studying in Finland makes you a competent and innovative professional ready to work in Finland and abroad.
It’s easy to feel at home in Oulu, where teachers and tutors support you, and the student community is active. In Finland people are sincere and the nature is nurturing! Welcome to our land of thousand lakes, clean blue skies, pure white snowy hills, green forests and the happiest people in the world! The answer is Oamk.
How to apply to Oamk? More detailed instructions here.
Degrees open to apply 4–18 Jan (ended)
- BBA, International Business
- Data Analytics and Project Management
- Mechanical Engineering
Social and Health Care
- Information Technology
- Data Analytics and Project Management
Culture and Arts
- Education Entrepreneurship
Information technology student Yinan
Yinan is in her second year studying information technology at Oulu University of Applied Sciences, Oamk. Yinan and her family appreciate Finnish nature.
– If you are in a city in China you have to drive 30 to 50 kilometers to find a peaceful place like a forest. In Finland the forests are safe and you can stay there for a whole day and enjoy yourself.
Studying at Oamk has been a pleasant experience for Yinan so far. She likes the fact that there are only a few courses at the same time and also that the education is very practical, because it suits her better.
– Compared to China, I think that here in Finland the course design is more reasonable.
Nursing student Abdulrahman
Abdulrahman Alwan is a few courses away from graduating from Oamk as a nurse. Before he started his studies he took Finnish courses and finished preparatory education.
– I have specialized in perioperative nursing in my studies. I am now in the induction phase at the hospital. I like this job because although the operation is the last resort for the patient’s care, it also saves lives and improves their quality of life.
Last summer Abdulrahman got a job as an operating room nurse at the Oulu University Hospital. During his studies, he has already worked in a home care service and a geriatric nursing home. Working in the operating room makes Abdulrahman feel like he has reached his goal and it suits him since he doesn’t feel sick during operations.
International business student Esenam
Esenam Adetunji is studying international business at Oamk and she is very clear about her future plans.
– After I graduate from Oamk I want to work for another company for a while and learn new things while I have my own business at the side.
She has studied Finnish in language courses, cosmetics at a beauty school and is now studying International Business at Oamk for the third year. In all of her courses, she has gotten to know new people and made new friends.
– I knew that for me to get to the next level in terms of knowledge, opportunities and networking and just to improve myself as an entrepreneur, I wanted to study international business.
Mechanical engineering student Jori
Jori Karjalainen, a Finnish native, started studying Mechanical Engineering at Oamk while working in business but now he’s a full time student.
– At Oamk it is possible to build yourself a unique education with minor and optional subjects. I am focusing on automotive technology, electrical engineering and 3D design.
Education of Mechanical Engineering at Oamk is very practical and hands-on and a great start for a professional career. It came as a surprise for Jori that there’s a lot of actual exploring in real-life environments, such as test and hybrid labs and metal workshops.
– Our teachers want us to go in there and do as much as possible with our hands and try things in practice.
Life in Oulu
Oulu University of Applied Sciences (Oamk) is one of Finland’s most attractive universities of applied sciences. The Oulu region is one of the fastest growing areas in the country. Just a one-hour flight from Helsinki and a train connection that takes you straight to the city centre make sure that city of Oulu has an easy access from Southern Finland. With a population of 200,000, the Oulu region is a major centre of innovative high tech industries, academia, science, services and culture. Welcome to Oulu and Oamk!
Why choose Oamk?
We offer studies in the fields of information technology, culture, business, natural resources, social and health care, technology and teaching. We guarantee that you will find the right path for your life situation and experience to the new competence.
Close co-operation with our network of partners and working life ensures interesting opportunities even for those completing their studies in different fields.
We’ll help you to find suitable education and support you to get a proper studies. Just contact us!
Contact us in english via
phone +358 29 448 9001 (tue–thu from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
Studies in English brochure (PDF)