Double degree in Business gave more courage, independence and fun experiences
The first Fontys University of Applied Sciences students who participated in Oamk’s double degree program in Business graduated from Oamk in September. One of the graduates is Rinus Smeets who saw the double degree as a great opportunity to try something different.
– I had a very fun and enjoyable year studying in Oamk. I got a lot more courage and became more independent, says Rinus Smeets who studied a double degree in Business.
Oamk’s School of Business and Fontys University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands have a double degree programme where a student completes one-year studies in a partner school and receives degrees from both schools. The first three Fontys students who participated in Oamk’s double degree program in Business graduated from Oamk in September. One of the three graduates was Rinus who studied the year with the International Business students in Oamk.
– After I heard about this opportunity, I thought that the double degree programme would be a great opportunity to get to study abroad and do something totally new.
During the studies Rinus was very impressed by the way things were taught in Oamk because the teaching was strongly focused on individual learning.
– Teachers pay close attention to what each student wants to learn and supports everyone’s personal learning process. That was the biggest difference between Fontys and Oamk.
Rinus thinks that Oulu is a very good student city because of the life there during the academic year with all the student facilities. Rinus’ best memories from Oulu are from the student life.
– I lived in a student dorm where was many other students with me and we had a lot of fun moments together.
Even though the Double Degree itself is valuable and brings many more opportunities for working life, Rinus thinks that the biggest benefit is the courage and independence it gives to you.
– That’s why I really want to recommend studying a double degree. It’s a great way to show that you dare to leave your safe home and go into a totally new environment. It gives you an opportunity to meet great people, learn more about your personal skills and become more independent.