|1P00BA45||Student Assessment as Part of Educational Practices (3 cr)|
The student understands the rules and practices that determine student assessment.
The student describes the key aspects of competence-based learning supporting student assessment.
The student examines the aspects of student assessment with reference to practical examples and theoretical background.
- The course has been accepted when the learning objectives have been achieved.
|Content||Aquarium exam questions
1. Which factors regulate student assessment in upper secondary vocational or higher education?
2. What is the effect of work-life cooperation on student learning?
3. What kind of competence a teacher needs for work-life cooperation?
4. How would you implement work-life cooperation?
5. Which factors form the concept of student assessment?
6. What means criteria-based student assessment?
7. How would you confirm that the students understand course objectives and assessment criteria?
8. How should the principles about student assessment be dealt with with the students?
9. What is the role of self-assessment in the students learning process?
10. How the student's competence will be recognised and validated?
11. What is the distinction between assessment for learning (formative assessment) and assessment of learning (summative assessment)?
12. How do you implement student peer assessment?
13. How the student assessment is documented?
14. How the student assessment can be corrected?
15. How would you develop the student assessment system?
|Accomplishment methods||Competence is demonstrated by an aquarium exam. You will first develop your knowledge of the teacher's work quality by familiarising yourself with the course literature and preparing the answers to the 15 questions of the exam. They have been drafted to require familiarisation with the references and students' reflections.
When you have answered all questions, send an SMS (text message) exam request to the responsible teacher. The SMS must be sent at least 24 hours before the requested time.
The aquarium exam's four questions will be sent to you by text message. You will return the exam responses to the teacher's email within two hours of the exam's start.
|Execution methods||1. When you have prepared for the task (and have answers to all the requisite questions), send a text message to enrol to the teacher's phone at least 24 hours before the desired starting time.
A) Specify the date and time when you want to start the examination.
B) Mention the name of the study module.
C) Include your name and email.
2. Preferably choose the office time (Mon to Fri from 9 am to 5 pm) as the exam time. Ask the teacher about the possibility of summer exams. When the time suggested by the student (and approved by the teacher) comes, the numbers of the actual questions will be sent to the student's phone.
3. You have exactly two hours to email the answers to the teacher.
4. The teacher then proceeds to check the answers.
European Commission. 2020. Assessment in Vocational and Technical Upper Secondary Education. https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/national-policies/eurydice/conte...
Cauley, K., & McMillan, J. 2010. Formative assessment techniques to support student motivation and achievement. Journal of Educational Strategies, Issues and Ideas. 83 (pages 1–6). https://oamk-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/evirkkul_oamk...
Feedback for Learning. 2022. Learning supportive formative assessment. https://feedbackforlearning.org/
Ohjaan.fi 2022. Competence assessment guidebook for the teacher.
Ohjaan.fi 2022. Work-based learning opens up possibilities.
Ohjaan.fi 2022. Competence demonstrations and competence assessment.
Ohjaan.fi. 2020. ”Assessing learning at the workplace.” https://ohjaan.fi/en/assessment/assessing-learning-at-the-w...
Sambell, K., McDowell, L. & Montgomery, C. 2012. Assessment for Learning in Higher Education. https://ebookcentral-proquest-com.ezp.oamk.fi:2047/lib/oamk...
In addition, self-selected scientific source material.
|Assessment Frameworks||Not applicable|
|Further Information||The responsible teacher, Esa Virkkula, esa.virkkula#oamk.fi (korvaa # -> @), tel. +358 50 360 4911
- app. 1 A4 page for each answer
- Remember, 'Copy and Paste' shows only text copying skills, not understanding the topic in question. Do not copy.
- Add the references to the text and list them at the end of every answer.
|Responsible persons||Not applicable|
Show old implementations
- 01.06.2022 - 31.05.2023 (1P00BA45-3015 | EXP22SPTE, EXP23KPTE, OPE22pte, OPE21pte, VAI22S23K, OPE20pte)
- 01.06.2022 - 31.05.2023 (1P00BA45-3016 | OPE20, OPE22, OPE21)