|OE00DH28||Advanced Competencies in Nursing II (12 cr)|
|Prerequisites||Passed Advanced competencies in nursing I|
|Objectives||1) The Student has ability to apply nursing skills and knowledge in intensive care and anesthetic nursing
2) The student is able to apply her/his nursing skills and knowledge in challenging situation in A&E department
3) The student is able to pass proficiency exam in general nursing
|Content||1) Intensive care and anesthetic nursing 7 CR
2) Nursing critically ill patients and dealing with difficult situations in A&E Department, 5 CR
3) Nursing Competencies - National Exam
|Recommended optional programme components||If necessary, the student advisor will recommend optional programme components for each student based on their individual study plan.|
|Accomplishment methods||Not applicable|
|Execution methods||Not applicable|
|Evaluation Criteria||Not applicable|
1) Student is able to
- evaluate patient`s basic vital signs during anesthesia and intensive care and transportation of the critically ill patient
-make conclusions and justified decisions of the patients` vital functions of and changes in them.
- apply evidence based information, recommendations and the good protocols
-apply technical and CRM-skills.
-justify the most common medicines used in anesthesia and in intensive care, their indication for use, action mechanisms, side-effects, contraindications and dosage.
- analyze ethical challenges emerging in anesthetic nursing and intensive care
3) Student can
- Identify the risks and benefits of interhospital transport
- Plan the safe transport of a critically ill patient
- Ensure the high standard of communication between the transport team and referring/receiving specialists.
|Assessment Frameworks||Not applicable|
|Further Information||The course includes participation in the eHealth day|
|Responsible persons||Not applicable|